Appalachian State sneaks past Wofford 77-76Dec 8, 2009 - 2:39 AM SPARTANBURG, S.C.(AP) -- Donald Sims scored 25 points and Appalachian State earned a 77-76 victory over Wofford on Monday night.
Sims shot 7-for-9 and nailed three 3-pointers for the Mountaineers (5-4, 1-1 Southern Conference). Isaac Butts contributed with a double-double, scoring 11 points and grabbing 13 rebounds.
The Mountaineers led by a slim 37-35 margin at halftime, but a layup from Butts with 4:55 remaining in the second half capped an 8-2 run for Appalachian State, giving them a 63-55 lead.
The Terriers (4-6, 0-2) stayed close, and a 3-pointer from Cameron Rundles cut the lead to 77-74 with 11 seconds remaining. Corey Godzinski then made a jumper with 1 second left for the final margin.
Appalachian State missed two free throws after that, but Wofford was unable to get a final shot off.
The Terriers were led by Noah Dahlman, who scored 25 points.
- NCAA BB
APPALACHIAN ST 77
WOFFORD 76 FINAL
Dec 7 8:58 PM
- NCAA BB
APPALACHIAN ST 37
WOFFORD 34 HALFTIME
Dec 7 7:41 PM
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Duke makes short work of Wofford in ACC tune-up Jan 1
- Second-ranked Blue Devils take on Terriers Dec 31
- Staten, WVU crush Wofford Dec 23
- Terriers set for test with Mountaineers Dec 22
- Fox named Appalachian State hoops coach Apr 8
- Stauskas, Michigan rout Wofford Mar 21
- Wolverines begin tournament run against Terriers Mar 20