Campbell defeats Southern Virginia 86-58Dec 8, 2009 - 2:53 AM BUIES CREEK, N.C.(AP) -- Jonathan Rodriguez scored 22 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead Campbell past Southern Virginia 86-58 on Monday night.
Rodriguez broke the Atlantic Sun Conference record for career double-doubles with 43, previously owned by Mercer's Scott Emerson from 1999-2004. Rodriguez, who has 1,737 career points, also became the Camels second all-time leading scorer, surpassing Johnny Marshbanks (1,723).
William Kossangue scored 12 points and Chris Reynolds added a career-high 10 rebounds for Campbell, which starts the season 5-1 for the first time since moving to Division I in 1977-78.
The Camels led 26-23 with 7:15 left in the first half, before going on a 14-1 run for a 40-24 lead with 2:40 left until halftime. Rodriguez, who capped the spurt on a jump shot, scored six points during the run.
The NAIA Knights (7-4) were led by Chris Lewis with 14 points.
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Campbell tabs McGeehan as head coach Apr 11
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- Gonzaga thumps Campbell Dec 20
- Camels try to get over the hump in clash with 14th-ranked Zags Dec 19
- Wright, No. 22 Cincy thump Campbell Nov 20
- Camels hit road to battle 22nd-ranked Bearcats Nov 20
- Campbell defeats North Florida 57-49 Feb 27
- Jacksonville pulls away from Campbell 65-52 Feb 25
- ETSU 57, Campbell 79 Feb 19
- Merthie leads Campbell easily past ETSU 79-57 Feb 19