Siena defeats Iona 73-60Dec 8, 2009 - 3:27 AM NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y.(AP) -- Edwin Ubiles scored 19 points and led four Siena players in double figures in a 73-60 win over Iona on Monday night.
Alex Franklin scored 11 points and Clarence Jackson added 10 for the Saints (6-3) in their Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference opener.
Ryan Rossiter chipped in 15 points on 7-for-17 shooting for Siena, which shot 50 percent from the field (30 of 60).
The Saints trailed 11-7 early in the first half, before scoring 10 unanswered points for a 17-11 lead on two free throws by Franklin with 12:12 left in the half.
Siena shot 61.3 percent in the first half (19 of 31) and led 31-28 at halftime.
The Gaels (4-4, 0-2) pulled within 45-42 with 12:45 to play, but the Saints responded on a 24-8 run for a 69-50 lead with 3:46 left on an O.D. Anosike free throw.
Scott Machado scored nine points and grabbed five rebounds for Iona.
- Morris and Iowa State race past Iona 94-81 Mar 17
- Iona spoiled Monmouth bench mob party Mar 16
- Iona's suspends Washington 2 games for slap Jan 17
- Sophomore Much receives NCAA waiver, can play right away Nov 15
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- Iona gives hoops coach Cluess extension Mar 26
- Manhattan pulls away late, bests Iona for MAAC title Mar 9
- Manhattan takes on Iona in MAAC title tilt Mar 9
- Arkansas 6-0 after win over Iona Nov 30
- Gaels and Hogs mix it up to close holiday weekend Nov 30
- Siena extends Patsos' contract Jun 18
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5