Denver beats Cal State Northridge 89-82Dec 9, 2009 - 5:48 AM DENVER(AP) -- Nate Rohnert scored 17 points and Chase Hallam added a career-high 16 as Denver defeated Cal State Northridge 89-82 Tuesday night.
Andrew Hooper finished with 12 points while Rob Lewis and Brian Stafford each had 11 for the Pioneers (6-2).
Willie Galick led the Matadors (4-5) with 20 points, and Lenny Daniel had a double-double with 14 points and 13 rebounds.
Denver led as many as 16 points in the first half and 45-35 at the break. Northridge pulled to within 78-76 late but couldn't get any closer.
The Pioneers shot 60.9 percent in the first half and 59.1 percent (26 of 44) for the game.
- University of Denver hires Rodney Billups as coach Mar 14
- Denver fires coach Joe Scott after 9 seasons Mar 11
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- Rosga, Denver beat Omaha, advance to Summit League semis Mar 7
- Blackshear scores 31 as Louisville routs CS-Northridge Dec 24
- Matadors hit road to challenge fourth-ranked Cardinals Dec 23
- Northern Iowa tops Denver on 30 shots Dec 10
- Panthers hit road to take on Pioneers Dec 10
- Johnson, Arizona cruise past CS Northridge Nov 17
- Matadors seek upset of second-ranked Wildcats Nov 16
- Matadors visit 16th-ranked Aztecs to tip off season Nov 14
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16