Washington State tops Idaho 76-64Dec 10, 2009 - 6:53 AM PULLMAN, Wash.(AP) -- Klay Thompson had 25 points and nine rebounds as Washington State beat rival Idaho 76-64 Wednesday night.
DeAngelo Casto added 13 points, 14 rebounds and four blocked shots as Washington State (7-2) ended its non-conference schedule.
Idaho (5-3) was led by Kashif Watson, who scored 16 points. Idaho's Jeff Ledbetter added 12 points, including four 3-pointers, for the Vandals.
Washington State and the Vandals traded baskets through most of the first half, but with the score tied at 19 with seven minutes to play, the Cougars went on a 17-9 run to end the half 36-28.
The Cougars started the second half with a 21-2 run and hit their first five shots, including three 3-pointers.
Ledbetter hit three 3s down the stretch to cut the Cougars' lead to seven with a minute to play, but it was too late for the Vandals to catch up.
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- Washington cruises past Division II Golden Eagles 74-57 Nov 25
- Washington State Cougars reject last place prediction Oct 28
- Washington St Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Utah battles past Washington State Mar 6
- Utes tangle with Cougars in Pac-12 tilt Mar 5
- Arizona routs Washington State Feb 15
- Wildcats collide with Cougars in Pac-12 affair Feb 15
- Utah rebounds with 22-point win over WSU Jan 22
- Pac-12 clash pits Cougars against Utes Jan 21
- No. 9 Gonzaga thumps Washington State Dec 11