Maryland-Eastern Shore defeats Navy 80-72Dec 10, 2009 - 2:34 AM PRINCESS ANNE, Md.(AP) -- Hillary Haley scored 20 points to lead Maryland-Eastern Shore to an 80-72 victory over Navy on Wednesday night.
Navy took a 70-68 lead on Romeo Garcia's jumper with 5:03 left, but Maryland-Eastern Shore (3-5), which has won three straight games, scored the next 12 points for an 80-70 advantage with 3 seconds left.
Mark Robertson hit a 3-pointer and Tim Burns hit all four of his free throw attempts in the final run.
The Hawks, who entered the game shooting 60.1 percent from the free throw line, were 21-for-27 (77.8 percent) against Navy (4-6).
Tyler Hines had 16 points and 12 rebounds, Kevin White scored 11 and Tim Burns added 10 points for Maryland-Eastern Shore. Neal Pitt and Sean Berry also added 10 rebounds each for the Hawks.
Chris Harris scored 23 points and Jordan Sugars had 19 points and 14 rebounds for Navy, which shot 40 percent from the field (28-for-70).
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18
- Hawks hope to soar past Wildcats Nov 17
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- UMES hires Collins to replace Allen Apr 8
- UMES, Allen part ways after six seasons Mar 12
- Kilpatrick helps Bearcats dominate Hawks Dec 8
- No. 11 Bearcats battle Hawks Dec 8
- Virginia cruises to 9th straight win Dec 27
- Hawks pay visit to 23rd-ranked Cavaliers Dec 27