Young, Coppin State beat Loyola, Md. 63-58 in OTDec 10, 2009 - 4:29 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Lenny Young scored 21 points and Sam Coleman came off the bench to score 16 points and grab 10 rebounds as Coppin State defeated Loyola (Md.) 63-58 in overtime on Wednesday night.
Reserve guard Vince Goldsberry scored seven of the 11 overtime points by the Eagles (5-3), who held the Greyhounds (4-5) to six in the extra period and none in the final 2:05.
Coppin State limited its crosstown rival to 28.4 percent shooting (19-for-67) for the game and 18.5 percent (5-for-27) from 3-point range.
Loyola overcame a five-point deficit, 52-47, in the final 1:58 of regulation. Brian Rudolph connected on a driving layup but missed the free throw for the Eagles. Then the Greyhounds forced a Coppin State turnover and Brett Harvey knotted the game at 52 on a 3-pointer with 48.4 seconds remaining.
Jamal Barney scored 16 points to pace Loyola and Harvey added 10.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MD 58
COPPIN ST 63 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Dec 9 9:49 PM
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MD 52
COPPIN ST 52 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Dec 9 9:38 PM
- Mitchell out at Coppin State after 28 years Mar 28
- Gonzaga cruises past Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 11 Gonzaga plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- Irvin helps Michigan cruise past Coppin State Nov 29
- Wolverines set sights on Eagles Nov 29
- Late surge gets No. 13 UConn past Loyola Nov 27
- Greyhounds hoping to run past 13th-ranked Huskies Nov 26
- Loyola-Maryland promotes Smith to head coach Apr 12
- No. 1 Indiana rolls over Coppin State Dec 2
- No. 1 Indiana plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- Report: Loyola-Maryland extends Patsos Mar 28
- Thomas pours in 31 as Ohio State routs Loyola-Maryland Mar 16