South Alabama outlasts Mobile 70-51Dec 10, 2009 - 3:59 AM MOBILE, Ala.(AP) -- Bryan Sherrer, LaShun Watson and Tim Williams scored 13 points apiece to lead South Alabama in a 70-51 win over Mobile in the first-ever matchup between the crosstown schools on Wednesday night.
Martino Brock added nine points, eight boards and three steals for the Jaguars (7-2), who played their first game since beating Arkansas 74-61 on Nov. 29.
Mobile (5-2), an NAIA school, trailed just 14-13 less than 7 minutes into the game after Robert Golston's layup. But the Jaguars went on a 17-0 run from that juncture, taking an insurmountable 31-13 lead with 5:12 left before halftime.
The Jaguars led by 15 points at the break and outscored Mobile 32-28 in the second half to seal the win.
South Alabama shot 53.7 percent in the game (22-for-41) compared to a 29.7 mark from Mobile (19-for-64).
Donte Walker, who came in scoring 19 per game for Mobile, finished with 15.
- No. 17 Miami returns home to beat South Alabama Nov 28
- Miami tries to avoid upset in clash with South Alabama Nov 28
- Gonzaga defeats South Alabama Dec 15
- South Alabama hits road to challenge No. 20 Gonzaga Dec 14
- South Alabama names Graves new basketball coach Mar 25
- South Alabama's Arrow retires Dec 19
- South Alabama upends No. 25 Florida State Nov 10
- South Alabama comes calling on No. 25 Florida State Nov 9
- No. 25 Florida State routs South Alabama Nov 20
- No.25 Florida State plays host to South Alabama Nov 20
- Troy beats S. Alabama 67-55 in Sun Belt quarters Mar 7
- Sherrer shot gives South Alabama 52-51 victory Mar 6