Mower's 25 leads Lafayette past Long Island 77-63Dec 12, 2009 - 8:47 PM EASTON, Pa.(AP) -- Jim Mower scored 25 points, hitting six 3-pointers, to lead Lafayette to a 77-63 win over Long Island University on Saturday.
Mower, who went 8-for-10 from the field, missed one shot from beyond the arc in seven attempts for the Leopards (6-5). Jeff Kari had 16 points, while Jared Mintz added 14 points and seven rebounds.
Lafayette controlled most of the contest, taking a 36-21 lead on Kari's 3-pointer with 3:12 left in the first half. Mintz's layup late in the game put the Leopards ahead by 21 - their largest lead of the game.
Jaytornah Wisseh scored 18 points and dished out eight assists, but had five turnovers for the Blackbirds (4-5). Kyle Johnson and David Hicks each had 15 points and Michael Culpo added 10. Johnson also had nine rebounds.
Despite the losing effort, Long Island went 13 of 26 from 3-point range compared to Lafayette, which went 11 of 23.
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20
- James Madison advances in win over Long Island Mar 21
- Blackbirds, Dukes clash in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 20
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13
- Bison, Leopards meet in Patriot League title game Mar 13
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12
- NEC crown up for grabs as Blackbirds take on Mountaineers Mar 12