Charlotte rolls past Gardner-Webb 95-66Dec 12, 2009 - 11:01 PM CHARLOTTE, N.C.(AP) -- Shamari Spears and DiJuan Harris scored 13 points and Charlotte jumped out to a huge lead and was never challenged in a 95-66 victory over Gardner-Webb on Saturday.
Spears and Harris led six players in double figures for the 49ers (8-1), who won their sixth straight game.
The winning streak is the 49ers' longest since a seven-game run in 2005 and it is the program's best start since going 11-1 in 1991-92.
Chris Braswell and Shamari Bowden added 11 each, and An'Juan Wilderness and K.J. Sherrill had 10 apiece for Charlotte.
Charlotte connected on 12 of its first 16 shots, leading 30-12 with 10 minutes left in the first half.
The 49ers led 50-34 at half.
Gardner-Webb (3-4), which was paced by C.J. Hailey's 13 points, never came closer than 12 in the second half.
- CIAA will stay in North Carolina despite state's LGBT law Apr 29
- Price experiencing growing pains in 1st year with Charlotte Dec 24
- Mark Price named Charlotte 49ers coach Mar 26
- Reports: Price to be named Charlotte 49ers coach Mar 25
- Major won't return as Charlotte coach Mar 15
- Arizona runs away from Gardner-Webb in second half Dec 2
- Bulldogs hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 2
- Hurricanes hit 14 3s, hold off Charlotte Nov 26
- Charlotte and Miami do it again Nov 25
- Duke takes care of Gardner-Webb Dec 16
- Runnin' Bulldogs seek upset of mighty Blue Devils Dec 16
- Charlotte shocks Michigan to win Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 24