Western Carolina stuns Louisville 91-83Dec 12, 2009 - 11:31 PM By WILL GRAVES AP Sports Writer
LOUISVILLE, Ky.(AP) -- Mike Williams scored a career-high 24 points and Jake Robinson added 23 as Western Carolina stunned reeling Louisville 91-83 on Saturday.
Robinson knocked down three straight 3-pointers during a decisive second-half run to lift the Catamounts (10-1) to their ninth straight victory.
Edgar Sosa led Louisville (5-3) with 16 points and Preston Knowles returned from a thumb injury to score 15 points, but Louisville couldn't stop Robinson and struggled holding onto the ball.
The Cardinals committed a season-high 21 turnovers which the Catamounts turned into 28 points the other way. Louisville has dropped three of four since a 4-0 start while Western Carolina hasn't lost since falling to No. 2 Texas on Nov. 18.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
WESTERN CAROLINA 34 57 91
LOUISVILLE 29 54 83 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: WESTERN CAROLINA - MIKE WILLIAMS 24, JAKE ROBINSON 23,
BRIGHAM WAGINGER 15
LOUISVILLE - EDGAR SOSA 16, PRESTON KNOWLES 15, JARED
Dec 12 6:18 PM
- NCAA BB
WESTRN CAROLINA 34
LOUISVILLE 29 HALFTIME
Dec 12 4:56 PM
- Louisville sophomore Onuaku to undergo heart procedure May 17
- Louisville students' lawsuit against escort is dismissed May 3
- Louisville announces more sanctions for men's basketball Apr 6
- Pitino elevates Johnson to Louisville associate head coach Mar 15
- Cardinals' Pitino says he saw nothing 'unusual' at dormitory Mar 15
- Pitino: Will use offseason to decide future with Louisville Mar 1
- Transfers Lewis, Lee relish time spent at No. 11 Louisville Feb 29
- Louisville's Mahmoud out for final 6 games with ankle injury Feb 15
- Pitino: Mathiang won't return this season after foot injury Feb 12
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal Feb 9
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations Feb 6
- Louisville men's basketball team coping with postseason ban Feb 6