Portland ends 3-game skid in 72-62 win vs. DenverDec 13, 2009 - 12:17 AM PORTLAND, Ore.(AP) -- Nik Raivio scored 12 points to lead a balanced scoring effort as Portland ended a three-game losing streak with a 72-62 victory over Denver on Saturday.
T.J. Campbell and Kramer Knutson added 11 points each for the Pilots (6-3), who were desperate to get back on track after falling out of the top 25 earlier in the week.
But the Pioneers (6-3) were determined to make it four losses in a row for the Pilots, who had trouble at times keeping track of the cutters in Denver's motion offense.
Denver entered the game with the nation's third-best field-goal percentage, 52.3 percent, and the Pioneers stayed close to the mark for most of the game. By hitting 54 percent of their shots in the first half, the visitors were able to post a 35-33 lead at the break.
Rob Lewis led Denver with 16 points. Brian Stafford added 13 for the Pioneers and Hallam had 12.
- Terry Porter introduced as new Portland Pilots coach Apr 5
- Portland Pilots hire Terry Porter as basketball coach Apr 2
- University of Denver hires Rodney Billups as coach Mar 14
- Denver fires coach Joe Scott after 9 seasons Mar 11
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- Rosga, Denver beat Omaha, advance to Summit League semis Mar 7
- Wintering sparks Portland past Abilene Christian, 87-57 Nov 23
- No. 3 Gonzaga routs Portland Jan 30
- Pilots hope to fly past third-ranked Bulldogs Jan 29
- Gonzaga fends off Portland Jan 3
- Portland hosts No. 7 Gonzaga in WCC showdown Jan 3
- Northern Iowa tops Denver on 30 shots Dec 10