Eastern Washington beats Seattle, 100-97 OTDec 13, 2009 - 12:12 AM CHENEY, Wash.(AP) -- Brandon Moore scored a career-high 26 points and grabbed 11 rebounds and Kevin Winford sank 5-of-6 foul shots in the final 57 seconds of overtime as Eastern Washington held off Seattle 100-97 on Saturday.
Mark Dunn added 21 points and 10 rebounds and Winford scored a career-best 20 points for the Eagles (4-5).
Chris Gweth scored 24 points off the bench for the Redhawks (5-5).
With Seattle trailing 98-93 and 14.3 seconds left, Taylor Olson converted a four-point play to pull the Redhawks to within one. Winford pushed the lead back to three for the Eagles, hitting two foul shots with 7.3 seconds left in overtime. Olson's 3-point attempt at the buzzer fell short for Seattle.
Seattle had a chance to win it at the end of regulation, but Mike Boxley's contested jumper bounced off the front rim in the final seconds. Eastern Washington forced the overtime on Mark Dunn's jumper with 10.1 seconds left.
- NCAA BB
EASTERN WASH 100 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Dec 12 6:37 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTERN WASH 37 HALFTIME
Dec 12 4:59 PM
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Unbeaten Huskies rally past Eastern Washington Dec 14
- Huskies seek to ground Eagles Dec 14
- SMU tops Eastern Washington to end skid Nov 23