Jacksonville State defeats Reinhardt 79-53Dec 13, 2009 - 12:53 AM JACKSONVILLE, Ala.(AP) -- Nick Murphy scored 20 points, grabbed 18 rebounds and had four steals in Jacksonville State's 79-53 win over Reinhardt on Saturday.
Trenton Marshall, averaging 18.9 points per game and the defending Ohio Valley Conference Newcomer of the Week, scored 22 points for the Gamecocks (4-4).
John Burner and Jay-R Strowbridge added 12 points each and Amadou Mbodgi tallied five blocks for the Gamecocks.
Jacksonville State, which jumped out to an 11-2 lead early, led 14-7 on a 3-pointer by Aaron Darling with 11:56 left in the first half. The Gamecocks then went on a 12-2 run to pull away, leading 26-9 on Trenton Marshall's jump shot with 8:47 left in the first half.
Jacksonville State led 40-17 at halftime after holding the Eagles to 16.1 percent from the field (5 of 31).
Carlos Lyles scored 11 points for the NAIA Eagles (6-5), who lost for the first time in six games.
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- No. 18 UNLV downs Jacksonville State Nov 18
- Rebels play host to Gamecocks in Global Sports Classic Nov 17
- Murray State keeps rolling with easy win over Jacksonville State Jan 13
- Racers continue historic run against Gamecocks Jan 12
- Wright, Cincinnati down Jacksonville State Nov 16
- Gamecocks and Bearcats mix it up in Cincy Nov 15
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 87-54 Mar 2
- Tennessee Tech beats Jacksonville State 72-62 Feb 27
- Presbyterian knocks off Jacksonville State 59-55 Feb 20