Liberty routs Kentucky Christian 99-39Dec 12, 2009 - 8:47 PM LYNCHBURG, Va.(AP) -- Antwan Burrus scored 15 points, leading six Liberty players in double figures in a 99-39 blowout of Kentucky Christian on Saturday.
Patrick Konan added 14 points, Jeremy Anderson 12 and Chris Perez and Jesse Sanders added 11 apiece for the Flames (5-6). Evan Gordon also chipped in with 10 points.
Sanders also grabbed 10 boards and dished out 10 assists, while Anderson led Liberty with four 3-pointers.
The game was out of hand early, as Liberty opened the game on a 15-0 run sparked by six points from Konan. The Flames led by 27 points at halftime and outscored the Knights 55-22 in the second half.
Liberty shot 61.7 percent for the game (37-for-60) compared to just a 26.8 mark (15-for-56) for the Knights.
The Knights, an NAIA school that counted the game as an exhibition, were led by Katlin Haney with 11 points.
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- 20th-ranked Aggies extinguish Flames Nov 10
- Aggies begin season against Flames in 2K Sports Classic Nov 9
- Winthrop holds off Liberty 80-72 in Big South Mar 2
- Liberty rallies to beat Charleston Southern 74-61 Feb 27
- Coastal Carolina cruises past Liberty 71-48 Feb 25
- Liberty defeats High Point 76-67 Feb 20
- Radford outlasts Liberty 74-69 Feb 16