Miami (Ohio) beats Wright State 56-55Dec 13, 2009 - 10:31 PM MIAMI, Ohio(AP) -- Kenny Hayes scored 11 points, including dropping in a layup with 22 seconds left to lift Miami (Ohio) to a 56-55 win over Wright State on Sunday.
Cory Cooperwood hit a 3-pointer to put Wright State up 55-52 with 3:49 to play - those would be the Raiders' final points.
After a Miami timeout, Antonio Ballard's layup pulled the Redhawks (3-7) within a point with 3:19 left.
Neither team scored for nearly 3 minutes until Hayes' game-winning layup put the Redhawks on top for the first time since midway through the first half.
The Redhawks went 0-for-3 from the field and 0-for-1 from the foul line during the scoreless span, while the Raiders were 0-for-2 and turned the ball over twice.
Ballard led Miami with 12 points and Adam Fletcher scored 10 and grabbed 13 boards.
Troy Tabler led the Raiders (6-3) with 23 points and Vaughn Duggins added 13.
- NCAA BB
WRIGHT ST 55
MIAMI OH 56 FINAL
Dec 13 5:07 PM
- NCAA BB
WRIGHT ST 33
MIAMI OH 26 HALFTIME
Dec 13 3:54 PM
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Ohio State throttles Wright State Dec 28
- Raiders come calling on 21st-ranked Buckeyes Dec 27
- No. 21 Buckeyes overwhelm RedHawks Dec 22
- Buckeyes seek turnaround in clash with RedHawks Dec 22
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11
- Williams, UMass down Miami-Ohio Jan 5
- RedHawks hit road seeking upset of 23rd-ranked Minutemen Jan 4
- Grant leads No. 21 Notre Dame past Miami-Ohio Nov 9
- Irish tip season off against RedHawks Nov 8