Louisiana-Monroe 62, North Texas 79Dec 14, 2009 - 1:02 AM DENTON, Texas (AP) -- Tristan Thompson scored 20 points Sunday to lead North Texas past Louisiana-Monroe, 79-62, in the Sun Belt Conference opener for both teams.
Eric Tramiel scored 16 points, Josh White 15, and George Odufuwa contributed 13 points and nine rebounds for the Mean Green (6-3).
North Texas only led 35-33 at halftime, but opened up a 21-point lead with seven minutes to play. The Mean Green shot 57 percent from the field for the game, and a blistering 70 percent in the second half. White and Thompson each had four 3-pointers.
Tommie Sykes had 13 points and nine rebounds to lead Louisiana-Monroe (3-6), which shot 36 percent from the field. Lawrence Gilbert and Tony Hooper scored 10 points apiece.
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Qualls leads Arkansas over North Texas Nov 29
- Razorbacks hope to continue fast start against Mean Green Nov 28
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21
- Gators seek redemption in bout with visiting Warhawks Nov 21
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Louisiana Monroe Dec 28
- ULM comes calling on No. 3 Ohio State Dec 27
- Wiggins, KU take down UL-Monroe Nov 9