Northern Arizona defeats UC Riverside 68-56Dec 14, 2009 - 1:36 AM FLAGSTAFF, Ariz.(AP) -- DeAngelo Jones and Cameron Jones each scored 17 points and Northern Arizona beat UC Riverside 68-56 Sunday.
The victory was the first in four games for the Lumberjacks (3-5), who ended the Highlanders' five-game winning streak.
Rudy Meo led the Riverside (5-3) with 16 points and Sean Cunningham added 14.
Northern Arizona took a 36-22 lead into halftime after Riverside shot just 6 of 20 in the first 20 minutes.
The Lumberjacks trailed 6-5 early, but Cameron Jones scored five straight points and NAU led the rest of the way.
Later in the half, the Lumberjacks broke open the game with a 16-5 run. Cameron Jones and DeAngelo Jones accounted for 14 of the 16 points.
- Northern Arizona returns 4 players from CIT runner-up team Nov 4
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Northern Arizona coach suspended for fracas in Big Sky tourney Mar 15
- Highlanders and Aztecs mix it up in non-conference action Dec 22
- No. 25 Utah hammers UC Riverside Nov 21
- Utes seek turnaround against visiting Highlanders Nov 21
- Arizona rolls, remains unbeaten Dec 24
- Lumberjacks hope to chop down top-ranked Wildcats Dec 23
- No. 9 Arizona thumps Northern Arizona Nov 29
- Wildcats play host to rival Lumberjacks Nov 28
- No. 18 UNLV hammers Northern Arizona Nov 13