St. Catharine 53, Morehead St. 81Dec 15, 2009 - 11:47 PM MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP) -- Kenneth Faried scored 17 points, grabbed seven rebounds and blocked three shots to lead Morehead State to an 81-53 rout over St. Catharine on Tuesday.
Maze Stallworth finished with 13 points and Terrance Hill added 12 for the Eagles (3-4), who shot 55.4 percent from the floor (31-for-56) for the game. Morehead State bounced back after a 86-56 loss to Murray State on Dec. 5.
Morehead State used an 8-0 run midway through the first half to pull ahead by 10 points. Stallworth's layup pushed the Eagles' margin to 18 points, before claiming a 44-25 lead at halftime. The Eagles shot 66.7 percent during the first half.
Morehead State's Brandon Shingles finished with a game-high seven assists.
Brandon Johnson finished with 14 points for St. Catharine, which played the game as an exhibition. Arthur Latham had 13 points and Ervin Williams scored 11.
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- Offense carries Buckeyes past Morehead State Dec 13
- Eagles and Buckeyes square off in non-conference action Dec 13
- Adams, Anderson pace UCLA past Morehead State Nov 23
- No. 22 UCLA plays host to Morehead State Nov 22
- Morehead State suspends Woods for one game Nov 23
- Kentucky overcomes pesky Morehead State Nov 21
- Eagles hope to soar above eighth-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- Morehead State officially introduces Woods May 14