Liberty defeats Shawnee State 70-45Dec 16, 2009 - 2:39 AM LYNCHBURG, Va.(AP) -- Evan Gordon and Patrick Konan scored 12 points each to help Liberty defeat Shawnee State 70-45 on Tuesday night.
The Flames (6-6) trailed 17-15 with 10:37 left in the first half before going on a 14-1 run. Gordon capped the run with a 3-pointer for a 29-18 lead with 6:20 left in the first half.
Liberty used a 22-14 rebounding advantage in the first half for a 34-23 lead at halftime.
The Flames then shot 50 percent from the field in the second half (14 of 28), and held the Division II Bears (3-9) to 26.3 percent shooting (10 of 38) after halftime.
Chris Perez scored 10 points and Konan added nine rebounds for Liberty, which shot 45 percent from the field (27 of 60).
Shawnee State was led by Matt Skaggs with 11 points and Tyler Morgan with 10.
The Bears shot 25 percent from 3-point range (4 of 16) and were just 5 of 12 from the free throw line.
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- 20th-ranked Aggies extinguish Flames Nov 10
- Aggies begin season against Flames in 2K Sports Classic Nov 9
- Winthrop holds off Liberty 80-72 in Big South Mar 2
- Liberty rallies to beat Charleston Southern 74-61 Feb 27
- Coastal Carolina cruises past Liberty 71-48 Feb 25
- Liberty defeats High Point 76-67 Feb 20
- Radford outlasts Liberty 74-69 Feb 16