Jacksonville State defeats Norfolk State 95-78Dec 16, 2009 - 3:52 AM JACKSONVILLE, Ala.(AP) -- Jeremy Bynum scored a season-high 27 points by hitting nine 3-pointers as Jacksonville State cruised to a 95-78 win over Norfolk State on Tuesday night.
Bynum was 9-for-14 from beyond the arc, and attempted only one other shot. In his previous eight games, he was 12-for-27 from long range.
The Gamecocks (5-4), who have won three straight games, led by as many as 23 points in the first half and took a 49-28 lead into halftime.
The Spartans (1-8) got no closer than 16 the rest of the way in losing their seventh straight.
Jacksonville State shot 51.7 percent (15-for-29) from 3-point range and 48.4 percent (31-for-64) from the field.
Nick Murphy and Trenton Marshall added 16 points each for the Gamecocks, who had 27 assists. Amadou Mbodji had 12 rebounds.
Michael Deloach scored 33 points on 13-for-22 shooting for the Spartans. Christian Morris added 18 points.
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- O'Neale's hot shooting powers Baylor past Norfolk St. Dec 30
- Norfolk State hits road to test No, 22 Baylor Dec 30
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past Norfolk State Nov 17
- Norfolk State pays visit to No. 9 Virginia Nov 16
- Evans leaving Norfolk State Apr 15
- Warren, Wolfpack roll past Spartans Dec 16
- Wolfpack set to pounce on visiting Spartans Dec 15
- Illinois remains undefeated, downs Norfolk State Dec 12
- 10th-ranked Illini set sights on Spartans Dec 11