Tennessee State beats Alabama A&M 80-77Dec 16, 2009 - 3:34 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Jeremiah Crutcher scored 25 points and Tennessee State rallied to defeat Alabama A&M 80-77 on Tuesday night.
The Tigers (3-8) trailed 51-45 with 15:49 remaining before scoring eight straight. Jacquan Nobles put Tennessee State ahead for good at 53-51 on two free throws with 12:17 to play.
The Bulldogs (3-4) shot 55.6 percent from the field in the first half (15 of 27) and made just 29.4 percent (10 of 34) in the second.
The Tigers, who shot 55.2 percent in the second half (16 of 29), trailed by as much as 32-20 with 5:23 left in the first half.
Wil Peters added 17 points for Tennessee State and Jacquan Nobles chipped in 13.
Robert Covington had 10 rebounds for the Tigers, who outrebounded Alabama A&M 41-29.
Cornelius Hester scored 19 points and Bo Amusa added 12 for the Bulldogs. Jonathan Inman scored 11 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for Alabama A&M.
- NCAA BB
ALABAMA A&M 77
TENNESSEE ST 80 FINAL
Dec 15 10:02 PM
- NCAA BB
ALABAMA A&M 43
TENNESSEE ST 36 HALFTIME
Dec 15 8:49 PM
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Guyn's 26 lead E. Tennessee St. in 103-90 win over Green Bay Nov 17
- Hapless Tigers challenge high-flying Frogs Dec 29
- Anderson, Gill power No. 8 Virginia past Tennessee State Nov 26
- Tennessee State comes calling on No. 8 Virginia Nov 25
- Tennessee State names Dana Ford head coach Apr 21
- Cotton, No. 16 Wichita State take down Tennessee State Nov 16
- Tigers face daunting task in clash with 16th-ranked Shockers Nov 16
- New Mexico opens with easy win over Alabama A&M Nov 10
- Lobos open season against visiting Bulldogs Nov 9
- Bowers and Missouri blow past Tennessee State Dec 8
- Tennessee State seeks upset of No. 12 Missouri Dec 8