Saint Louis tops Belmont 75-67Dec 17, 2009 - 3:47 AM ST. LOUIS(AP) -- Kwamain Mitchell scored 20 points to lead Saint Louis in a 75-67 victory over Belmont Wednesday night.
Mitchell hit 7 of 12 from the field and 2 of 3 from 3-point range. Willie Reed had 16 points on 7-of-10 shooting and nine rebounds for the Billikens (7-3). Brian Conklin added 13 points and nine rebounds for Saint Louis.
Mick Hedgepeth led Belmont (7-3) with 13 points and six rebounds, and Kerron Johnson added 11 points.
Saint Louis led for most of the first half and held a 33-30 cushion at halftime. The Bruins tied the game at 35 with 18:18 to play but never came any closer.
Both teams shot about 41.5 percent from the field. Saint Louis scored 19 points off of 19 turnovers while giving up 13 turnovers for 15 points.
- Virginia staves off upset bid from Belmont Mar 20
- Belmont battles Virginia in East Regional melee Mar 20
- Belmont shocks Murray State to win OVC crown Mar 7
- Racers and Bruins battle for OVC crown Mar 7
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23
- Wichita State routs Saint Louis Dec 7
- Eighth-ranked Shockers set sights on Billikens Dec 6
- Louisville reaches Sweet 16 with win over Saint Louis Mar 22
- Cardinals battle Billikens in Midwest Regional Mar 22