Arkansas easily defeats Alabama State 76-51Dec 17, 2009 - 3:40 AM FAYETTEVILLE, Ark.(AP) -- Michael Washington scored a season-high 22 points and had eight rebounds as Arkansas easily defeated Alabama State 76-51 Wednesday night.
Marshawn Powell added 13 points for the Razorbacks (5-5), who got back the .500 mark for time since Nov. 24 (2-2).
Menji Mundadi scored 21 points to lead the Hornets (1-7), who were held without a two-point field goal the entire first half.
Arkansas played without Rotnei Clarke, the leading scorer in the Southeastern Conference at 21.1 points per game, due to tendinitis in his right knee.
Washington scored 15 of his points in the first half, and the Razorbacks took a 36-19 lead into the break.
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas May 9
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Apr 12
- Whitt transferring from Arkansas after freshman season Mar 30
- Anderson has NCAA tourney in sights next season for Arkansas Mar 22
- Arkansas reeling, postseason unlikely, following latest loss Feb 19
- Arkansas' Hannahs ready to face former school, Texas Tech Jan 30
- Arkansas' Bell flourishing in expanded role for Razorbacks Jan 9
- Beard set to make return to action for Arkansas after arrest Dec 17
- Arkansas' Beard avoids trial, to return next month Nov 16
- Arkansas at a glance Oct 29
- Expectations low for Arkansas following 27-win season Oct 29
- Arkansas returns to underdog role after offseason arrests Oct 5