Coll. of Charleston tops Charleston Southern 87-74Dec 17, 2009 - 3:12 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Donavan Monroe and Tony White Jr. each scored 18 points, and College of Charleston beat Charleston Southern 87-74 on Wednesday night.
The Cougars (5-3) have won four games in a row and beat the Buccaneers for the 26th time in the 28-game series.
Jeremy Simmons added 17 points and a career-best 15 rebounds for the Cougars. Andrew Lawrence scored 13 points and Andrew Goudelock had 11.
The Cougars built a 54-34 halftime advantage on the strength of 60 percent field goal shooting (18-for-30). Monroe had 16 points and four steals in the first 20 minutes.
The Cougars' biggest lead came at 72-46 with 12:27 left in the game after a 3-pointer by Lawrence.
Jamarco Warren had a game-high 19 points for the Buccaneers (4-4). Kelvin Martin added 15 points and Jeremy Sexton had 13.
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20
- Huskies take on Cougars in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 20
- College of Charleston fires Wojcik Aug 5
- Baylor holds off Charleston Southern Nov 21
- Plenty of points expected in bout between Bucs and Bears Nov 20
- Bairstow leads Lobos over Buccaneers Nov 17
- Bucs and Lobos mix it up at The Pit Nov 17
- Louisville takes care of business in season opener Nov 9
- Defending champion Cardinals open campaign against Cougars Nov 9