Clemson cruises past East Carolina 80-63Dec 17, 2009 - 2:09 AM By AARON BEARD AP Basketball Writer
GREENVILLE, N.C.(AP) -- Trevor Booker had 13 points, 12 rebounds and nine assists to help Clemson beat East Carolina 80-63 on Wednesday night.
Andre Young scored 16 points to lead the Tigers (9-2), who trailed for all of 25 seconds in the first half before beating the Pirates by double figures for the third straight season. Clemson shot 46 percent and knocked down plenty of 3-point shots, building a 10-point lead in the first 5 minutes on the way to a 17-point halftime margin.
The Pirates (4-6) never seriously threatened a comeback and fell to 1-62 all-time against Atlantic Coast Conference schools. Darrius Morrow scored 16 points to lead East Carolina, which got no closer than 15 points in the opening minutes of the second half.
- Clemson leading scorer Jaron Blossomgame files for NBA draft Mar 16
- Clemson picks up Texas A&M transfer in Elijah Thomas Jan 7
- Coach: Clemson reserve guard Austin Ajukwa transferring Nov 3
- Clemson Preview Capsule Oct 26
- On The Road: Clemson spending all season away from home Oct 26
- No. 20 SMU beats ECU in American QFs Mar 13
- Pirates seek upset of Mustangs in AAC Tournament action Mar 13
- Grant leads Notre Dame over Clemson Mar 7
- Irish set sights on Tigers in season finale Mar 7
- Duke demolishes Clemson without Okafor Feb 21
- Duke and Clemson clash in ACC action Feb 21
- Notre Dame survives scare at Clemson Feb 10