Southeastern Louisiana routs Southern 94-48Dec 17, 2009 - 3:39 AM HAMMOND, La.(AP) -- Trent Hutchin scored 18 points in 16 minutes and Brandon Fortenberry had a double-double with 12 points and a season-high 10 assists as Southeastern Louisiana routed Southern University 94-48 on Wednesday night.
The Lions (7-2), coming off a 77-60 loss to LSU on Monday, came into the game averaging 79.2 points - tying them for the Southland Conference lead with Sam Houston State - and allowing 65 points.
They won their fifth straight against the Jaguars and by the largest margin of victory in the 31-game series. The previous record was 70-49 on Feb. 6, 1982. Southern leads the series 16-15.
The Jaguars (1-9), who snapped an eight-game skid Saturday by defeating New Orleans 78-73, shot 27.1 percent from the field (16-for-59). Southeastern Louisiana shot 54.5 percent (36-for-66) and was 14-for-24 from 3-point range.
Earnest Jones led the Jaguars with 13 points.
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Samford tops VMI in OT, 92-85, advances in SoCon tourney Mar 4
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- No. 22 Baylor survives scare against Southern Dec 22
- Iowa State takes care of Southern Dec 15
- Cyclones hope to blow past visiting Jaguars Dec 14
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- Baylor routs Southern Dec 22