Northern Colorado tops Louisiana Monroe 95-84Dec 17, 2009 - 4:39 AM GREELEY, Colo.(AP) -- Taylor Montgomery had 16 points to lead five Northern Colorado players scoring in double figures as the Bears topped Louisiana-Monroe 95-84 Wednesday night.
Devon Beitzel added 15 points, hitting 6 of 10 from the field and 3 of 5 from 3-point range. Mike Proctor and Chris Kaba had 13 points each and Yahosh Bonner scored 10 for the Bears (9-2).
Dynile Forbes had 25 points to lead the Warhawks (3-7). He hit 7 of 10 from the field and 4 of 6 from behind the arc. Lawrence Gilbert had 16 points and Jarvis Hill came off the bench to add 14 for Louisiana-Monroe. Gilbert and Hill had two 3-pointers each.
The score was close for most of the first half, but Northern Colorado outscored the Warhawks 12-3 in the final 5 1/2 minutes of the period for a 47-36 halftime lead. The Bears maintained a comfortable cushion for the rest of the game.
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21
- Gators seek redemption in bout with visiting Warhawks Nov 21
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Louisiana Monroe Dec 28
- ULM comes calling on No. 3 Ohio State Dec 27
- Wiggins, KU take down UL-Monroe Nov 9