Florida State tops Auburn 76-72Dec 18, 2009 - 3:09 AM TALLAHASSEE, Fla.(AP) -- Solomon Alabi equaled a career high with 22 points to lead Florida State to a 76-72 win over Auburn on Thursday night.
Alabi scored all but two of his points in the second half but got little help as the Seminoles blew a 14-point lead. Alabi, in one stretch, scored nine straight points including a pair of free throws that broke the last of two second half ties at 63.
Deividas Dulkys and Michael Snaer each had 14 for Florida State (9-2).
Frankie Sullivan and DeWayne Reed scored 17 each for Auburn (5-5). Tay Waller added 15 and Lucas Hargrove had 13.
Waller opened the game with a pair of 3-pointers to give Auburn a 6-0 lead, but Florida State pulled out to a 33-25 edge at the half.
- NCAA BB
FLORIDA ST 76 FINAL
Dec 17 9:23 PM
- NCAA BB
FLORIDA ST 33 HALFTIME
Dec 17 8:00 PM
- Auburn players Shamsid-Deen, Reed won't return next season May 6
- Florida State guard Rathan-Mayes returning for junior season May 2
- Junior college guard Angola-Rodas to attend Florida State Apr 20
- Mutombo's nephew signs to play basketball at Florida State Apr 13
- Florida State's Rathan-Mayes to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Florida State's Bacon withdraws from NBA draft consideration Mar 28
- Florida State's Beasley focuses on training for NBA draft Mar 24
- Florida State's Bacon to submit name for NBA draft Mar 23
- Florida State hope lessons learned will pay off next season Mar 18
- FSU's Beacon and Beasley focused on NIT, not NBA Mar 14
- Florida State senior Devon Bookert emerges as team leader Mar 4
- Hamilton, Florida State looks to snap 5-game losing streak Feb 26