James Madison rolls past Gardner-Webb 78-57Dec 18, 2009 - 2:40 AM BOILING SPRINGS, N.C.(AP) -- Denzel Bowles scored 37 points and had 15 rebounds to lead James Madison to a 78-57 victory over Gardner-Webb on Thursday night.
Bowles, a transfer from Texas A&M playing in his second game for the Dukes (5-4), was 17-for-25 from the field and helped James Madison dominate the second half and win for the first time in three games.
The Dukes gradually built their lead from a two-point halftime advantage to 47-41 on Bowles' layup with 12:09 remaining. Alioune Diouf scored on a layup and Bowles came through with another basket for a 51-41 advantage with 11:16 left.
James Madison scored 56 of its points in the paint and made just three shots outside the lane.
Gardner-Webb (3-6) lost its sixth straight game, its longest losing streak since joining Division I in 2000-01.
Darren White added 22 points for James Madison.
C.J. Hailey led Gardner-Webb with 19 points.
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Arizona runs away from Gardner-Webb in second half Dec 2
- Bulldogs hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 2
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14
- Duke takes care of Gardner-Webb Dec 16
- Runnin' Bulldogs seek upset of mighty Blue Devils Dec 16
- Virginia takes care of James Madison Nov 9
- No. 24 Virginia opens season against James Madison Nov 8
- Ferrell fuels Hoosiers in rout of James Madison Mar 22