Appalachian State rolls past Milligan 113-91Dec 18, 2009 - 3:00 AM BOONE, N.C.(AP) -- Donald Sims scored 23 points to lead five players in double figures as Appalachian State defeated Milligan 113-91 on Thursday night.
The Mountaineers (6-4), who won their second straight game, shot 56.9 percent from the field (41-for-72) to break the 100-point barrier against Milligan (3-8), an NAIA program, for the second straight year. Appalachian State won 112-47 last season.
Appalachian State took an 11-0 lead and pushed it to 16-2 on Sims' 3-pointer with 17:07 left in the first half. Jeremi Booth's dunk increased the margin to 23-4 just 4:12 into the game.
Sims was 7-for-9 from the 3-point line and made both of his free throw attempts. He is 41-for-43 from the line this year.
Kellen Brand scored 19 points, Isaac Butts had 17, Booth added 14 and Andre Williamson finished with 10 points for the Mountaineers.
Justin Sylvester led Milligan with 25 points.
- Fox named Appalachian State hoops coach Apr 8
- Appalachian State fires Capel Mar 10
- Missouri handles Appalachian State Dec 2
- Mountaineers face uphill climb in clash with 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 1
- Zeller and North Carolina cruise past App State Dec 17
- Hoyas bounce back with win over Appalachian State Dec 12
- Appalachian State hires Capel as new coach Apr 21
- Pacific topples Appalachian State 64-56 Mar 25
- Wofford beats Appalachian St, earns 1st NCAA berth Mar 9
- Appalachian State knocks off The Citadel 71-61 Mar 6
- Appalachian State defeats Samford 82-68 Feb 27
- Appalachian State holds off Chattanooga 80-74 Feb 25