LSU holds on to defeat Nicholls State 63-60Dec 18, 2009 - 3:10 AM BATON ROUGE, La.(AP) -- Tasmin Mitchell's 3-pointer with 36 seconds remaining in the game lifted LSU to a 63-60 victory over Nicholls State on Thursday night.
Anatoly Bose gave the Colonels a 60-59 lead before Mitchell's basket. After Mitchell's shot, Nicholls State's Chris Iles missed a 3-pointer and Storm Warren rebounded for the Tigers (7-2).
Warren immediately was fouled and sank one of two foul shots to give LSU a three-point advantage. Justin Ayers missed a long 3-point shot at the buzzer for the Colonels (3-9).
Mitchell led the Tigers with a season-high 27 points. Warren delivered his seventh double-double of the season with 13 points and 11 rebounds. Bo Spencer added 12 points.
Bose led Nicholls State with 24 points. Iles contributed 16 points for the Colonels, who made eight 3-pointers.
- NCAA BB
NICHOLLS ST 60
LSU 63 FINAL
Dec 17 9:51 PM
- NCAA BB
NICHOLLS ST 31
LSU 27 HALFTIME
Dec 17 8:46 PM
- LSU coach: Guard Tim Quarterman leaving for NBA draft Mar 28
- LSU freshman Ben Simmons announces he'll enter the NBA draft Mar 21
- LSU coach takes responsibility for disappointing season Mar 15
- LSU coach: Tigers won't play in any postseason tourneys Mar 13
- LSU says Ben Simmons ineligible for Wooden Award Mar 5
- Simmons confident LSU will raise game vs. tougher schedule Dec 28
- Fast start by LSU's Simmons compares well to recent greats Dec 4
- LSU hoping Simmons, Blakeney make Tigers an SEC power Oct 29
- LSU embracing hype, expectations, surrounding Simmons Oct 14
- LSU's Mickey declares for NBA Draft Mar 31
- LSU sophomore Martin to enter NBA Draft Mar 25
- NC State stuns LSU on buzzer-beater Mar 20