Uzoh, Tulsa keep Jackson State winless 92-39Dec 18, 2009 - 3:29 AM TULSA, Okla.(AP) -- Ben Uzoh had 22 points, eight rebounds and eight assists Thursday night, pacing Tulsa to a 92-39 blowout of winless Jackson State.
Justin Hurtt scored 14 points and Stephen Idlet 11 as the Hurricane (8-1) connected on 15 of 28 3-pointers (53.6 percent) against the packed-in zone defense of the Tigers (0-8).
The 3-pointers set a Reynolds Center record for Tulsa.
The Tigers made just 12 of 51 shots for 23.5 percent. It was the fewest points allowed by Tulsa since holding Rice to 37 on Feb. 20, 2008. Tyrone Hanson scored 14 to lead Jackson State.
Tulsa was bolstered by the return of guard Glenn Andrews, who had been out since injuring his knee in June. Andrews, a junior who averaged 7.1 points last year, entered at 7:03 of the first half and hit his first two shots, both 3-pointers. He finished with six points in 10 minutes.
- Ex-Georgia coach Dennis Felton looking for another chance Apr 1
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- SMU beats Tulsa to claim AAC title Mar 8
- Tulsa and SMU meet for AAC crown Mar 8
- No. 23 SMU uses late run to down Tulsa Feb 7
- Mustangs seek to weather storm against Golden Hurricane Feb 7
- Sooners roll over sputtering Tulsa Dec 13
- Rivals collide as Oklahoma takes on Tulsa Dec 13
- No. 9 Wichita State routs Tulsa Nov 30
- Tulsa comes calling on No. 9 Wichita State Nov 29
- Haith leaves Mizzou for Tulsa Apr 18
- Report: Haith leaving Missouri for Tulsa Apr 17