Ladd leads Fresno State past UC Davis 68-57Dec 18, 2009 - 5:27 AM FRESNO, Calif.(AP) -- Mike Ladd scored 18 points and Greg Smith added 17 as Fresno State pulled away down the stretch to defeat UC Davis 68-57 on Thursday night.
Paul George added 14 points, nine rebounds and six steals for Fresno State (5-5), which shot 56.5 percent from the field.
Joe Harden led UC Davis (3-7) with 16 points. Dominic Calegari added 14 points and eight rebounds.
After Calegari's layup with 8:09 remaining trimmed Fresno State's lead to 51-49, the Bulldogs put the game away with a 12-2 scoring run.
George capped the flurry by stealing the ball at midcourt and dribbling for an open dunk. George then hit a 3-pointer on Fresno State's next possession for a 63-51 lead with 3:52 left.
Ladd scored all but one of his points on 3-pointers, finishing 5 of 10 from beyond the arc.
Mark Payne added 11 points and eight assists for UCD, which shot 33.3 percent from the field.
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- New Mexico cruises past Fresno State Mar 14
- Lobos meet Bulldogs in MWC action Mar 13
- No. 13 SDSU cruises past Fresno State Mar 2