Cal State Northridge tops Drexel 75-63Dec 19, 2009 - 5:38 AM NORTHRIDGE, Calif.(AP) -- Jamie Harris scored a game-high 24 points, including six in the last 2:13, to lead Drexel in a 75-63 victory over Cal State Northridge Friday night.
Harris hit 9 of 15 shots and had seven assists. Gerald Colds added 17 points and five rebounds for the Dragons (6-5).
Lenny Daniel led the Matadors (4-6) with 13 points. Raymond Cody, Kenny Daniels and Vinnie McGhee added ten points each for Cal State Northridge.
The Matadors hit just 21 of 34 free throw attempts and committed 18 turnovers.
Cal State Northridge used a 6-0 run to come as close as 64-60 with five minutes remaining. But Chris Fouch's layup and a three-pointer by Colds lifted the Dragons to a 69-60 lead with 3:52 left.
The Matadors could get no closer than seven points. Two free throws by Harris with 2:13 left gave the Dragons a 71-62 lead. In the final 90 seconds, Harris hit two baskets to seal the win.
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- Blackshear scores 31 as Louisville routs CS-Northridge Dec 24
- Matadors hit road to challenge fourth-ranked Cardinals Dec 23
- Johnson, Arizona cruise past CS Northridge Nov 17
- Matadors seek upset of second-ranked Wildcats Nov 16
- Matadors visit 16th-ranked Aztecs to tip off season Nov 14
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- Drexel can't hold early lead, falls to No. 4 Arizona Nov 27
- Wildcats set sights on Dragons in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 27