Late run lifts Saint Mary's over Pacific 80-65Dec 19, 2009 - 5:02 AM MORAGA, Calif.(AP) -- Omar Samhan had 28 points and eight rebounds and the Saint Mary's defense didn't allow a basket during the final 5 1/2 minutes in an 80-65 win over Pacific Friday night.
Clint Steindl added a career-high 16 points. Mickey McConnell had 15 points and six assists while Ben Allen added 11 points for Saint Mary's (9-1), which has won four of the last six meetings between the two schools.
Sam Willard had 18 points and six rebounds for Pacific (7-3), which pulled within 66-62 on Joe Ford's layin with 5:33 remaining but managed just three free throws the rest of the way.
- NCAA BB
SAINT MARYS CA 80 FINAL
Dec 18 11:51 PM
- NCAA BB
SAINT MARYS CA 43 HALFTIME
Dec 18 10:47 PM
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Gonzaga comes alive late to top Saint Mary's Feb 22
- Zags seek multiple milestones in WCC showdown with Gaels Feb 21
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- No. 3 Gonzaga pulls away to rout St. Mary's Jan 23
- Gaels and Zags square off in pivotal WCC clash Jan 22
- Harrison guides St. John's past St. Mary's Dec 20
- Gaels come calling on 20th-ranked Red Storm Dec 19