Rush, Montana State defeat UC Santa Barbara 76-64Dec 19, 2009 - 4:11 AM BOZEMAN, Mont.(AP) -- Junior guard Erik Rush had 17 points and career highs of nine rebounds and seven assists as Montana State pulled away in the second half for a 76-64 victory over UC Santa Barbara on Friday night.
Rush and senior forward Branden Johnson each had 13 points in the second half for the Bobcats (6-4), who notched their first win in 10 tries against the Gauchos. Junior guard Danny Piepoli added 14 points for the Bobcats, who led 34-29 at intermission.
Sophomore forward James Nunnally had 13 points and six rebounds for UC Santa Barbara (4-3), which lost its third straight after opening with four wins. Sophomore forward Orlando Johnson scored 12.
Montana State opened the second half with a 10-3 run for a 44-32 lead with 15:11 to play. Johnson scored the Bobcats' first 13 points of the half on four 3-pointers plus a foul shot.
- NCAA BB
UC SNTA BARBARA 64
MONTANA ST 76 FINAL
Dec 18 11:12 PM
- NCAA BB
UC SNTA BARBARA 29
MONTANA ST 34 HALFTIME
Dec 18 9:53 PM
- Kentucky crushes Montana St. Nov 23
- Top-ranked Kentucky continues run against Montana State Nov 23
- Kansas handles challenge from UCSB Nov 15
- No. 5 Kansas lifts lid on season against UC Santa Barbara Nov 14
- UCLA takes care of UC Santa Barbara Dec 4
- Gauchos and Bruins mix it up in Golden State fracas Dec 3
- San Diego State handles UC Santa Barbara Dec 7
- No. 17 Aztecs play host to Gauchos Dec 6
- Long Beach State downs UCSB for Big West title Mar 11
- Gauchos greet 49ers in Big West title game Mar 10
- Rebels down UCSB in double overtime Dec 1
- No. 18 UNLV pays visit to UC Santa Barbara Nov 30