Oliver, San Jose State rally past UC Irvine 69-56Dec 19, 2009 - 5:44 AM IRVINE, Calif.(AP) -- Adrian Oliver scored 31 points and San Jose State rode a 28-11 second-half run to defeat UC Irvine 69-56 on Friday night.
The junior guard shot 10 of 19 in his third 30-point game of the season for the Spartans (5-4) and had a game-high eight rebounds. Justin Graham added 16 points and Robert Owens 10.
Eric Wise led the Anteaters (5-5) with 15 points, six rebounds and five assists.
Irvine senior guard Michael Hunter scored 13 points and surpassed 1,000 career points on an early layup. He now has 1,012 points. Zack Atkinson added 12 points and three blocked shots, and Peter Simek pulled down seven rebounds.
UC Irvine was up 32-27 at halftime but was outscored 42-24 in the second half. The Spartans' big run gave them a 61-51 lead with 5:17 to play.
The Spartans shot 50 percent to 37.1 for the Anteaters.
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19
- No. 13 San Diego State dominates San Jose State Feb 26
- Aztecs tangle with Spartans in MWC affair Feb 25
- No. 7 SDSU routs San Jose State Jan 23
- Aztecs and Spartans mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 22
- Oregon thumps UC Irvine, moves to 10-0 Dec 18