Young leads New Mexico State past Pepperdine 78-72Dec 19, 2009 - 5:57 AM MALIBU, Calif.(AP) -- Jahmar Young scored 27 points and Jonathan Gibson had 24 as New Mexico State beat Pepperdine 78-72 Friday night.
Gibson hit 10 of 14 shots, while Young hit 12 of 12 from the free-throw line. Hamidu Rahman pulled down 17 rebounds to go with his eight points for New Mexico State.
Gibson scored 10 points as the Aggies (4-6) went on a 21-4 run over eight minutes to build a 29-18 lead with 7:30 to play in the first half. New Mexico State went into halftime with a 38-35 lead.
Pepperdine pulled within one point several times in the second half, the last at 61-60 with 6:29 to play. But Young scored five points in an 8-0 run that helped New Mexico State build a 69-60 cushion with a little more than four minutes to go.
Keion Bell led the Waves (3-9) with 19 points and Jonathan Dupre' added 18.
- NCAA BB
NEW MEXICO ST 78
PEPPERDINE 72 FINAL
Dec 19 12:29 AM
- NCAA BB
NEW MEXICO ST 38
PEPPERDINE 35 HALFTIME
Dec 18 11:21 PM
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Pepperdine extends Wilson Jun 5
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Gonzaga beats Pepperdine to reach WCC final Mar 10
- Bulldogs battle Waves in WCC semifinals Mar 9
- Gonzaga slips past Pepperdine in 2nd half Feb 14
- Waves hope to come crashing down on third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 14