Washington State tops Portland State 93-69Dec 20, 2009 - 3:26 AM KENNEWICK, Wash.(AP) -- Nikola Koprivica scored a career-high 23 points and Klay Thompson also had 23 as Washington State routed Portland State 93-69 in the Tri-Cities Cougar Classic on Saturday.
Koprivica was perfect shooting the ball. He finished 6 for 6 from the free-throw line and 6 for 6 from the field, including 5 3-pointers, helping the Cougars (9-2) shoot 81.3 percent (13 for 16) from the beyond the arc.
Dominic Waters led the Vikings (5-6) with 19 points.
Abe Lodwick had a career-high 13 points for Washington State, and Reggie Moore compiled a career-best 12 assists.
The Cougars trailed 24-22 with six minutes remaining in the first half before Thompson hit consecutive 3-pointers to ignite a 15-7 run over the final three minutes, giving the Cougars a 44-33 lead at intermission.
- NCAA BB
PORTLAND ST 69
WASHINGTON ST 93 FINAL
Dec 19 9:21 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
PORTLAND STATE 33 33
WASHINGTON STATE 44 44 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
PORTLAND STATE - PHIL NELSON 9, DOMINIC WATERS 7,
JULIUS THOMAS 6
WASHINGTON STATE - KLAY THOMPSON 8, DEANGELO CASTO 7,
NIKOLA KOPRIVICA 7
Dec 19 8:18 PM
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- Washington cruises past Division II Golden Eagles 74-57 Nov 25
- Washington State Cougars reject last place prediction Oct 28
- Washington St Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Utah battles past Washington State Mar 6
- Utes tangle with Cougars in Pac-12 tilt Mar 5
- Arizona routs Washington State Feb 15
- Wildcats collide with Cougars in Pac-12 affair Feb 15
- Utah rebounds with 22-point win over WSU Jan 22
- Pac-12 clash pits Cougars against Utes Jan 21
- No. 9 Gonzaga thumps Washington State Dec 11