Texas Southern tops Southeastern Louisiana 71-65Dec 20, 2009 - 3:34 AM FORT WORTH, Texas(AP) -- Deandre Hall scored 15 points and grabbed six rebounds to lead Texas Southern to a 71-65 win over Southeastern Louisiana on Saturday.
The Tigers (4-6) trailed with as little as 3 1/2 minutes to go, but a jumper by Hall put the team back on top. He then grabbed a rebound, made an assist and scored one from the line to help widen the lead over the Lions (7-3).
Marc Ellis came off the bench to score 12 points and grab six rebounds for the Tigers. David Burrell added 11 and Travele Jones had 10.
The Lions' Robert Tibbs led the game in scoring with 19 points, including shooting 11-for-14 from the line.
Brandon Fortenberry added 17 points for Southeastern Louisiana, and Patrick Sullivan scored 10 and pulled down a game-high 12 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
SE LOUISIANA 65
TEXAS SOUTHERN 71 FINAL
Dec 19 8:01 PM
- NCAA BB
SE LOUISIANA 34
TEXAS SOUTHERN 39 HALFTIME
Dec 19 7:01 PM
- Arizona cruises by Texas Southern Mar 19
- Arizona starts tournament play against Texas Southern Mar 19
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- Texas Southern stuns No. 25 Michigan State in OT Dec 20
- Weary Tigers visit 25th-ranked Spartans Dec 20
- Gonzaga crushes Texas Southern Dec 16
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with Bulldogs Dec 15
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16