La Salle defeats Bucknell 83-70Dec 19, 2009 - 9:32 PM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Kimmani Barrett scored 23 points and Rodney Green added 22 to help La Salle defeat Bucknell 83-70 on Saturday.
The Explorers (7-3) trailed 39-33 with 3:03 left until halftime before scoring six straight. La Salle's Jerrell Williams tied the game at 39-39 on a layup with 1:05 left until halftime.
Darryl Shazier put the Bison (4-7) back ahead 41-39 on a layup with 2 seconds remaining in the first half.
La Salle opened the second half on a 9-2 run and led 48-43 on Williams' layup with 15:16 left to play.
Williams scored 14 points and Aaric Murray added 12 for the Explorers.
Murray was 3 of 3 from 3-point range as La Salle, ranked No. 12 in 3-point percentage (42.5), shot 46.2 percent from long range (6 of 13) against the Bison.
Mike Muscala scored 15 points, Bryson Johnson 12, Colin Klebon 11 and G.W. Boon 10 for Bucknell, who lost their fourth straight.
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- La Salle downs slumping VCU in double OT Feb 11
- Explorers seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Feb 11
- No. 10 Villanova tops Big 5 rival La Salle Dec 4
- La Salle seeks upset of No. 10 Villanova Dec 3
- Brogdon and Virginia down La Salle Nov 29
- Explorers seek upset of eighth-ranked Cavaliers Nov 28
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18