N.J. Tech 62, Rutgers 71Dec 19, 2009 - 9:18 PM PISCATAWAY, N.J. (AP) -- Center Hamady Ndiaye had 11 points, 13 rebounds and nine blocked shots to lead Rutgers to a 71-62 win over New Jersey Institute of Technology on Saturday.
Mike Rosario had 15 points and Austin Johnson added a career-high 13 for the Scarlet Knights (8-2), who have won five straight for the first time since December, 2006.
NJIT (3-7), which has lost three straight, got 19 from Chris Flores, 18 from Jheryl Wilson and 12 from Isaiah Wilkerson. Ndiayes effort came on the same day the Scarlet Knights announced that starting center Gregory Echenique will miss the rest of the season due to eye surgery.
Trailing 6-4, Rutgers took control with a 15-0 run that gave the Knights a 19-6 advantage. NJIT got within 35-28 before Patrick Jackson and Mike Coburn hit baskets prior to the half to open an 11-point advantage.
- NCAA BB
RUTGERS 71 FINAL
Dec 19 3:53 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NJIT 28 28
RUTGERS 39 39 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
NJIT - JHERYL WILSON 17, CHRIS FLORES 6,
DREJON SCOTT 3
RUTGERS - JONATHAN MITCHELL 10, HAMADY NDIAYE 8,
AUSTIN JOHNSON 7
Dec 19 2:47 PM
- Rutgers raises $50 million in 4 months for athletics May 10
- Brandin Knight joins Rutgers basketball coaching staff Apr 18
- Rutgers confirms that Hobbs has joined Pikiell's staff Apr 14
- Brian Kennedy taking over as head basketball coach at NJIT Apr 13
- Jay Young hired as assistant basketball coach at Rutgers Apr 11
- Karl Hobbs leaves UConn to join Pikiell's staff at Rutgers Mar 31
- Stony Brook's Steve Pikiell is new Rutgers basketball coach Mar 22
- AP source: Stony Brook's Steve Pikiell is new Rutgers coach Mar 19
- Jordan fired as Rutgers basketball coach Mar 10
- Rutgers on verge of winless Big 10 Conference season Mar 3
- Rutgers suspends freshman Corey Sanders Feb 15
- Lynn's 27 points leads NJIT late surge past USF Nov 16