Ohio beats Eastern Kentucky 74-62Dec 19, 2009 - 10:17 PM ATHENS, Ohio(AP) -- Steven Coleman and Tommy Freeman scored 16 points apiece, leading four Ohio players in double figures in a 74-62 win over Eastern Kentucky on Saturday.
D.J. Cooper added 12 points and 11 assists for the Bobcats (7-3), and the freshman has now scored in double digits in eight of his 10 collegiate games. He also came in leading the Mid-American Conference in steals (2.3 per game), and added to that total with three in this contest.
Kenneth van Kempen also chipped in with 10 points for Ohio.
Eastern Kentucky (7-4) led by a point at halftime, but the Bobcats put together a 15-3 run to take a 55-42 lead with 7:50 left and cruised from there.
Ohio was 19-for-22 from the free throw line (86.4 percent), while the Colonels hit just 14 of 21 from the stripe (66.7 percent).
Josh Taylor led Eastern Kentucky with 18 points.
- No. 18 Miami falls at home to Eastern Kentucky Dec 19
- Colonels seek upset of 18th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 19
- Towns, Kentucky rout EKU Dec 8
- Top-ranked Wildcats play host to Colonels Dec 7
- Eastern Kentucky extends Neubauer's contract May 5
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- Kansas advances with win over EKU Mar 21
- Colonels face tall task in showdown with Jayhawks Mar 21
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18