Sacramento State clips Idaho State 64-63Dec 20, 2009 - 5:18 AM SACRAMENTO, Calif.(AP) -- John Dickson had 19 points and Sacramento State snapped a nine-game losing streak in the Big Sky with a 64-63 win over Idaho State on Saturday night.
Justin Eller, Antonio Flaggs, and Sultan Toles-Bey each added 10 points for the Hornets (5-7, 1-1).
Broderick Gilchrest had 25 points and Amorrow Morgan 17 for the Bengals (2-9, 0-1).
There were six ties and 10 lead changes in the second half before the Hornets took a 50-45 lead with 5:53 to play.
Gilchrest's three-point play cut the margin to 58-56, but the Hornets made 6-of-7 free throws in the final 30 seconds to seal the victory.
Idaho State didn't score its first basket until 15:03 remained in the first half but managed to lead 29-24 at the half behind Gilchrest's 12 points.
- NCAA BB
IDAHO ST 63
SACRAMENTO ST 64 FINAL
Dec 19 11:56 PM
- NCAA BB
IDAHO ST 29
SACRAMENTO ST 24 HALFTIME
Dec 19 10:47 PM
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15
- Bulldogs get underway in showdown with Hornets Nov 14
- Adams leads the way again as UCLA rolls Nov 19
- Hornets hoping to sting Bruins Nov 18
- Idaho State's O'Brien resigns Dec 19
- Eastern Washington defeats Idaho State, 79-71 Feb 28
- Northern Colorado defeats Sacramento State, 78-66 Feb 28
- Northern Arizona topples Sacramento State 73-59 Feb 27
- Waters leads Portland State past Idaho State 98-63 Feb 27
- Hansen helps Weber State down Idaho State 89-64 Feb 20
- Montana defeats Sacramento State, 86-58 Feb 20
- Sacramento St. 74, Montana St. 80 Feb 18