Northwestern State defeats Missouri Valley 77-68Dec 19, 2009 - 11:06 PM NATCHITOCHES, La.(AP) -- Damon Jones led four players in double figures with 16 points to help Northwestern State beat Missouri Valley 77-68 on Saturday.
Michael McConathy and Dominic Knight each scored 15 points, and William Mosley added 10 for the Demons (5-5), who ended a two-game losing streak.
The Demons shot 50 percent from 3-point range (9 of 18), paced by 5 of 5 shooting behind the arc by McConathy in the first half. Mosley also shot well, making all five of his field goal attempts. He had four of the Demons' six blocks, and three steals.
The Demons, who scored the first seven points of the game and never trailed, led by 21 with 10:56 to play after a layup by Jones. The NAIA Vikings (8-5) got no closer than the final margin the rest of the way.
Bryant Porter had a game-high 18 points for the Vikings, who have lost four of their past five games. Toray Henry added 15 points.
- NCAA BB
MISSOURI VALLEY 68
NORTHWESTERN ST 77 FINAL
Dec 19 5:04 PM
- NCAA BB
MISSOURI VALLEY 31
NORTHWESTERN ST 39 HALFTIME
Dec 19 3:50 PM
- Oklahoma dominates Northwestern State Nov 23
- Sooners return to action, hoping to exercise Demons Nov 23
- Baylor outlasts Northwestern State in OT Dec 19
- No. 12 Baylor battles Northwestern State Dec 18
- Memphis makes short work of Northwestern State Dec 7
- Demons seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 7
- Florida powers past Northwestern State Mar 23
- Gators, Demons square off in South Region's second round Mar 21
- Northwestern State wins Southland Mar 17
- Demons, Lumberjacks duke it out for Southland crown Mar 16
- No. 18 Mississippi State bedevils Northwestern State Dec 22
- Demons and Bulldogs duke it out in Jackson Dec 22