Wright State routs Maryland Eastern Shore 87-46Dec 20, 2009 - 2:56 AM DAYTON, Ohio(AP) -- Todd Brown scored 16 points and Cooper Land added 14 off the bench as Wright State routed Maryland-Eastern Shore 87-46 on Saturday night.
After trailing 9-7, the Raiders (7-4) blew past the Hawks (3-6) with a 35-11 spurt over the final 13:14 of the first half for a 42-20 lead. Land scored eight points in that stretch, including two 3-pointers.
Wright State widened the gap to 56-20 by starting the second half with a 14-0 run that included seven turnovers by Maryland-Eastern Shore. The Hawks committed 20 turnovers in the game to the Raiders' seven.
Wright State also outshot Maryland-Eastern Shore 54.2 percent (32-for-59) to 36.4 percent (16-for-44) and got 44 points off its bench to nine for Maryland-Eastern Shore.
Kevin White scored 16 points, 11 of them in the first half, to lead Maryland-Eastern Shore.
Scott Grote added 11 points and six assists for Wright State.
- NCAA BB
MD EASTRN SHORE 46
WRIGHT ST 87 FINAL
Dec 19 8:55 PM
- NCAA BB
MD EASTRN SHORE 20
WRIGHT ST 42 HALFTIME
Dec 19 7:52 PM
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Ohio State throttles Wright State Dec 28
- Raiders come calling on 21st-ranked Buckeyes Dec 27
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18
- Hawks hope to soar past Wildcats Nov 17
- UMES hires Collins to replace Allen Apr 8
- UMES, Allen part ways after six seasons Mar 12
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11