St. Peter's 83, Fairleigh Dickinson 68Dec 20, 2009 - 3:19 AM HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP) -- Ryan Bacon scored 19 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to help St. Peter's defeat Fairleigh Dickinson 83-68 on Saturday night.
Bacon, who missed the Peacocks' last game and half of the previous one with an ankle injury, had his first double-double of the season.
The Knights (1-11) pulled within 64-58 on two free throws by Sean Baptiste with 5:32 remaining. But the Peacocks used a 12-3 run to pull away. The run was capped by Nick Leon's jumper with 1:56 remaining for a 76-61 St. Peter's lead.
The Peacocks (5-5), who scored more than 60 points three previous times this season, shot 54.5 percent from the field (12 of 22) against the Knights.
Leon finished with 18 points and Darius Conley and Wesley Jenkins added 12 each for St. Peter's.
Mike Scott scored 21 points on 7 of 11 shooting for Fairleigh Dickinson, which lost its ninth straight.
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- Iowa routs FDU Dec 9
- Hawkeyes hope to avoid upset in clash with visiting Knights Dec 9
- Wildcats put up 100 points in Miller's 100th win Nov 19
- Miller seeks milestone win as Wildcats host Knights Nov 18
- FDU names Herenda men's hoops coach Apr 26
- No. 5 Louisville handles Fairleigh Dickinson Dec 10
- Hapless Knights come calling on high-flying Cardinals Dec 10