Late shot lifts Indiana State past Toledo 55-54Dec 20, 2009 - 3:07 AM TOLEDO, Ohio(AP) -- Jake Kelly scored on a jumper with 7 seconds left to lift Indiana State to a 55-54 victory over Toledo on Saturday night.
Kelly's jumper capped a rally from a 54-49 hole with 1:07 left as the Sycamores held the Rockets scoreless during that stretch.
Kelly, who finished with 10 points, made two free throws to cut the lead to 54-51 with 58 seconds left and Carl Richard hit a layup to trim the margin to 54-53 with 37 seconds remaining. Toledo's Jordan Dressler missed two free throws with 27 seconds left.
Indiana State (7-3) scored one basket in a stretch that lasted for nearly 8 minutes of the second half.
Dwayne Lathan scored 11 points to lead Indiana State. Jake Barnett led Toledo (4-8) with 20 points and Mouhamed Lo added 12.
The Sycamores played without starting guard Harry Marshall, who was suspended for a violation of team rules and didn't make the trip.
- NCAA BB
INDIANA ST 55
TOLEDO 54 FINAL
Dec 19 9:01 PM
- NCAA BB
INDIANA ST 32
TOLEDO 29 HALFTIME
Dec 19 7:49 PM
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- Wichita State routs Indiana State Feb 11
- Sycamores test luck against 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 11
- Tuttle, Northern Iowa win 10th straight Feb 3
- 14th-ranked Panthers eye up Sycamores in MVC matchup Feb 3
- Bohannon powers No. 20 Northern Iowa past Indiana State Jan 21
- Sycamores challenge 20th-ranked Panthers in MVC melee Jan 21
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29