Jones-McKinney leads UMKC to 78-67 victoryDec 20, 2009 - 3:46 AM KANSAS CITY, Mo.(AP) -- Trey Jones-McKinney scored 21 points Saturday as Missouri-Kansas City defeated Central Arkansas 78-67.
Jones-McKinney was 6 for 10 from the field - including 2 for 2 on 3-point attempts - and hit all seven of his free throws. Jay Couisnard added 17 points and seven assists for the Kangaroos (6-4). Spencer Johnson and Bakari Lewis had 13 points each.
Mitch Rueter had the hot hand for Central Michigan (5-6). He was 8 for 12 from the field, 3 for 4 from 3-point range and 7 for 10 at the free-throw line to finish with 26 points. He also pulled down 11 rebounds.
Chris Poellnitz added 14 points and Jared Rehmel had 11 for the Bears.
UMKC's bench outscored its Central Arkansas counterparts 19-4. The Kangaroos also enjoyed a 14-2 edge in fast-break points.
- No. 14 Iowa State coasts to win over UMKC Dec 10
- Kangaroos hoping to bounce past 14th-ranked Cyclones Dec 9
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- No. 3 Louisville cruises past UMKC Dec 4
- No. 7 Louisville takes on UMKC Dec 4
- Iowa State routs UMKC Nov 25
- Cyclones set sights on Kangaroos Nov 25
- UMKC picks Louisville assistant Richardson Mar 19
- UMKC fires Brown Mar 12
- No. 25 Kansas State holds off UMKC Dec 29
- Wildcats set sights on Kangaroos Dec 29